Thanks for warming things up a little bit for our homecoming today. It's good be home and I look forward to seeing everyone again. We had a great time on the trip and all look forward to another chance to serve again. On the way home, Alex asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and I told him it was seeing Miss Lois' house completed on Friday afternoon. I joined another team on Thursday and Friday. I met Rebecca whose house
was destroyed by Hurricane Rita. She lived in a FEMA trailer for 2 years and has moved into an apartment while her home was being repaired. She has worked with many different agencies and PDA was the first to really help her. Finally after 5 years, her home has gone from stud walls to sheet rock, electricity, plumbing, texture, paint and tile flooring in 4 work weeks
. Hopefully in two weeks, another group will be there to get her one step closer to home. More volunteer work groups like ours are needed.
was destroyed by Hurricane Rita. She lived in a FEMA trailer for 2 years and has moved into an apartment while her home was being repaired. She has worked with many different agencies and PDA was the first to really help her. Finally after 5 years, her home has gone from stud walls to sheet rock, electricity, plumbing, texture, paint and tile flooring in 4 work weeks
. Hopefully in two weeks, another group will be there to get her one step closer to home. More volunteer work groups like ours are needed.
While I was away, Mary and Cara, worked hard to complete Miss Lois' home with the help of Big Mike, Mike #1, Dean, Kathy and Mary Ann. When I got there on Friday afternoon, it was like a scene
from Extreme Home Makeover. There was new flooring, carpet, trim, paint, curtains, bedspreads, the works. They had cleaned Miss Lois' antique furniture and started to put her angel collection back in their glass cases. It was a perfect end to
the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment