Alex Tandberg, Mary Spies, Tom Taylor, Cara Sliva, Aaron Tandberg, Chris Tandberg

Monday, January 11, 2010

1st day on the Job........

Chris, Mary & I worked on a home in Beaumont today owned by Lois Jones.  (Pictured in the top row on the right)  In her younger years, she was the maid to Bobbi Blake (pictured beside Lois on the left). Lois is suffering from vision loss and is now relying on Bobbi to help with her day to day needs.  It was so
nice to meet these two ladies as it was a true testament to the gift of giving back.  Bobbi became very teary eyed as she told us the story of Lois's life and how she is so happy to be able to return the caregiving that Lois once provided for Bobbi and her family. We are working on 4 rooms in Lois' house. One of the rooms is almost completed (by the college group that was here from Indiana last week) The other 3 rooms need trim work, painting, and flooring.  Our project leader Mike Kelly (in the flannel shirt in the lower left) is thinking that we'll finish this project by the end of the week.  More to come soon.......!

3 comments:

  1. As a native Texan, this really tugs at my heart! I can even address you as "you-all" instead of the "you guys" I've tried to adapt to for 40 years! I could hardly wait to get up this morning to read your blog. And, oh, how we wish we were with you!
    Our love and prayers are with you for sure...
    Mary Kell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of all of you to put your lives on hold so you can give other's the care and support they need. Surely it will change not only their lives, but your's as well. One Day At A Time - right Cara? All our Blessings - Jen and Jim Pichler (dear friends to Cara)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Mike Kelly from our mission trip last year to Gulfport! I'm glad to see his ongoing connection with PDA. You all appear to be doing great work with great people. Wonderful! Pastor Eric

    ReplyDelete