Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Gotta have a job
Wow, time move verrrrrry slowly these days. This isn't a thing, by the way, because I've been having fun. On Sunday I went with a group of people to Galveston. We ate seafood at a fancy restaurant, but that wasn't the best part. We were right across from the Gulf of Mexico! So after we ate Aaron and I went to the beach and we took an epic run by the water as the set. Yeah, it was as awesome as it sounds... On Monday we went to our work sites for the first time. When we got there, we truly saw how much work had to be done. Our enthusiasm was low, but our HOPES were high. Haha OK, so I'm being a little dramatic, but I wanted to get my point across. My point is that our first day was important because we got organized. The next day was slow. We resided one side of the house and cleaned up a little. I learned that we all have something to contribute to each other whether we are young our old. Yep, it's all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Alex - glad to hear you are having some fun, but also helping to set some serious work done. Sometimes we don't get as much done as we hope, but you must know you are making a profound witness by whatever you accomplish. Keep up the great work! Pastor Eric
ReplyDeleteHi Alex, thanks so much for your contributions to the blog, you're a very good writer and communicator. Too bad your Grandpa can't see them. You have a good purpose and attitude and please know that everything you do will be appreciated very much by those you are helping. A wonderful way to make new friends, you will never forget them or they you.
ReplyDeleteTell your Mom and Aaron we're thinking of them too and say "hi!"
Ron & Karon Carpenter
Hello all!
ReplyDeleteHope your are warming up as we are here in Wisconsin. I am very thankful that your mission trip took you to Texas rather than Haiti this week. Continued success with all your work.
Bill Wudel
Cara,
ReplyDeleteGood to see that everything is going well for you and your group. Print Shop has been up and down in busyness, but that's okay. Anyway, time moves differently on a mission trip since your focus is on the family you are helping instead of working day-to-day like your regular job. Just remember, you can't help everyone all at once, but you certainly can help one person at a time to help them back on their feet. I hope and pray that as you continue to serve, you sense God's precense in it all as you continue to live out the mission of being the 'hands and feet of Christ.' Haiti could use some recovery help after you're done in Texas. Keep your head up and rely on your source of strength from above it is an all-encomassing expereince that only serving God can provide.
Tim Kich